Login

5 things to know for Feb. 19

Today's headlines: Hotel companies report full-year, fourth-quarter earnings; Host completes sale of two resorts; Las Vegas sees record drop-off in annual visitors; New York’s Roosevelt Hotel to be redeveloped after US-Pakistan deal; Alleged Spanish scammer arrested after 1-cent luxury hotel bookings
Las Vegas saw its biggest drop in visitors in 55 years for full-year 2025, according to new data. (Getty Images)
Las Vegas saw its biggest drop in visitors in 55 years for full-year 2025, according to new data. (Getty Images)

Editor's Note: Some linked articles may be behind subscription paywalls.

1. Hotel companies report full-year, fourth-quarter earnings

Three global hotel companies reported their earnings Thursday morning, the CoStar News Hotels team reports.

In 2025, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts posted growth in ancillary revenue, hotel openings and its development pipeline but suffered revenue-per-available-room losses.

Much like Wyndham's executives, Choice Hotels International's leadership is bullish for 2026. The hotel company reported a 3% decline in RevPAR in the fourth quarter.

Meanwhile, Accor's earnings report touted a 4.2% increase in full-year RevPAR.

2. Host completes sale of two resorts

Host Hotels & Resorts sold the 444-key Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort and the 125-key Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole for a combined $1.1 billion, CoStar News' Bryan Wroten reports. CoStar data shows the buyer as BDT & MSD Partners.

The hotel real estate investment trust bought the two resorts in 2021 and 2022, respectively, for a combined $925 million. Neither required significant capital expenditures while Host owned them.

“We are pleased with our ability to monetize two recently acquired hotels at an attractive profit and an accretive multiple, and we will continue to use our competitive advantages to create value for our shareholders,” Host President and CEO James Risoleo said in the release.

3. Las Vegas sees record drop-off in annual visitors

Las Vegas saw its sharpest decline in annual visitors — outside of the pandemic — in 2025 since record-keeping started in 1970, Reuters reports. The Nevada city saw about 3.1 million fewer visitors last year, a 7.5% year-over-year decline.

“The softening is showing up in hotel pricing, flight schedules and paychecks — echoing what the Federal Reserve's survey and recent airline earnings calls have flagged: Higher-income travelers keep booking, while households feeling the pinch pull back,” Reuters reports.

Midweek demand has taken a hit, in part due to lack of international travel, the news outlet reports. International travelers typically book longer stays and spend more.

4. New York’s Roosevelt Hotel to be redeveloped after US-Pakistan deal

The governments of the U.S. and Pakistan have reached a deal to jointly redevelop the shuttered Roosevelt Hotel in New York, Reuters reports. The historic hotel had been closed since it was temporarily used as migrant housing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

No word yet on if the midtown Manhattan property will remain a hotel upon reopening, but documents obtained by the news agency indicate the project will be a joint effort of the Pakistan Ministry of Defence and the U.S. General Services Administration. Pakistani officials have internally valued the property at more than $1 billion.

5. Alleged Spanish scammer arrested after 1-cent luxury hotel bookings

A 20-year-old man was arrested by Spanish police on suspicion of hacking an unnamed travel booking site and manipulating pricing to get rooms normally priced at more than €1,000 for a cent, the BBC reports. The man was arrested during a stay at a Madrid property where he reportedly racked up “charges of more than €20,000 during several stays.”

Authorities said the man pulled off the cheap stays by manually editing the transactions after the booking and changing the charged amount to €0.01.

Click here to read more hotel news on CoStar News Hotels.