What Is Piracy?
Top 10 Piracy Abuses of CoStar Services
Using CoStar’s services without a license or exceeding the scope of permitted use amounts to piracy. Here’s a top 10 list of prohibited acts –
- Sharing your CoStar User ID and password.
- Logging into a CoStar service using someone else’s CoStar User ID and password.
- Creating a “CoStar terminal”-a shared computer used by several people to access CoStar via one individual’s CoStar passcodes.
- Holding a CoStar User ID under your own name but working for a separate unlicensed company with commercial real estate information needs.
- Supporting your need for commercial real estate information by having a licensed CoStar user email or fax CoStar reports to you rather than becoming a licensed user.
- Downloading information or photos from CoStar into an internal database without written permission from CoStar.
- Using, copying or distributing any part of the CoStar service in connection with creating or maintaining another information service or product.
- Posting a CoStar photo to an Internet listing service other than through CoStar Photo ExpressTM.
- Cancelling a CoStar service but retaining CoStar content for use after termination of your license.
- Reselling any portion of a CoStar service.